Vacancies for Jobs in Charity:
Stable Management in Carlisle, Cumbria
Fundraisers (A percentage of income generated by professional fundraisers to a maximum of 2.5% can be claimed as expenses and is to be agreed when taking up the role)
Researcher and bid writer for trust applications, community fundraising organiser, major donor and relationship management, legacies, Public Relations/Marketing/Media etc.
Website & Online Marketing Volunteers
Social Media and Blog writers
This is an excellent opportunity for volunteers looking for a home based role where they can progress in their field and work for an ambitious and growing charity.
Why help the RRC.
The RRC is volunteer run and 100% of public donations go to the horses here at the centre.
We are not just a Rescue Centre. We provide free programmes to disadvantaged groups throughout the UK to help them develop their skills in the community such as injured soldiers, probation services, disabled, employment services, colleges and therapy for people suffering from trauma and depression.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteers to work from home or at the Centre to create the positions above.
The skilled post holders will work cross-organisationally to maximize opportunities and will need excellent influencing and communication skills along with good leadership skills. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the legacy marketing programmes and strategies and managing the charities income growth. To develop and implement a statutory and Lottery income strategy ensuring continued success and planned growth in order to fulfil our charitable goals
Experienced Fundraisers to research and write a range of high quality applications to statutory, Lottery and similar funders. Use your internet trawling skills to identify upcoming opportunities to apply for Charity of the Year partnerships. You’ll need to be happy to approach businesses whether on the phone or by email, maintaining a professional attitude whilst seeking further information. Experience using excel essential.
The Fundraisers will need to be self motivated with a good knowledge of Trusts, Grants, Lottery & Major Gifts to develop and implement an income strategy ensuring continued success and planned growth in order to fulfil our charitable goals.
The Fundraising role would suit an effective and persuasive communicator (especially in writing) with a methodical approach to researching funding opportunities. Attention to detail is important because funders have strict recruitment criteria regarding who they will fund and specific timescales. Reliability, good research skills and a confident knowledge of computers (activities are mostly desk-based but can work from home) are essential in order to be able to fulfil the role.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
– Previous experience working in legacy marketing with team management skills
– Demonstrable ability of managing successful relationships with external contacts
– Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven influencing skills
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to priorities and work effectively under pressure
– Good analytical skills with experience of preparing large budgets for Lottery applicatons
– Confident individual, happy to approach key internal/external contacts at all levels
– IT literate with good working knowledge of MS Office and fundraising databases
Day-to-day activities would include:
• Identify individual programmes and priorities for funding, and organise fundraising campaigns.
• Keep track of donor funding trends and priorities.
• To plan and coordinate fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives.
• To recruit volunteers to assist with fundraising activities and events.
• To produce support materials to promote our fundraising activity.
• To identify funding opportunities, locally, nationally and internationally and contribute to the development of RRC.
• To administer fundraising income by keeping reports and tracking donations as well as donor correspondence.
• To identify partnership opportunities.
• Any other duties commensurate with the accountability of the post.
• Researching prospective trusts and foundations to approach, and determining the best/most suitable projects for each funder
• Providing research assistance to the Corporate and Trust Fundraiser
• Identifying and researching suitable businesses that RRC can approach for funding
• Managing and maintaining spreadsheets (proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel required)
• Assisting with mailings and other administrative duties
Hours are flexible, but 4-5 + hours a week from home. Income generated from the above posts will be used to pay your expenses.
Jobs in Charity:
Website and Marketing Volunteers
We need help from volunteers and work experience students to join a digital team who will be responsible for the presence of Racehorse Rescue Centre on-line.
This involves maintaining our websites, managing our social networks, overseeing our e-mail marketing, creating marketing materials (design and photo/video/audio media)